For the card base I used a piece of black card stock matted onto an A2 sized piece of orange cardstock. I used the black backing to provide a darker background for the light opening.
To create the card background I used the Jack O’ Lantern stencil and Black Deco Foil to create the textured spooky faces. I stamped the “Trick-or-Treat” sentiment onto orange cardstock and die cut a stitched banner. The sentiment and the Pumpkin Pug come from the Costume Crew stamp set. I used Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink and the Harlequin stencil to create the background on the banner. I added some black and orange sequins for some embellishment.
The easiest process, for me, to create a light up card:
- Color the image, use an X-Acto Knife to cut out the areas on the image where you want the light to shine through (i.e. the eyes and mouth).
- Select your image placement on the card background (the jack o’ lantern background) and with a pencil trace the openings onto the card background. With an X-Acto Knife to cut out those same areas on the card background.
- Trace the eye holes and mouth holes from the card background onto the black card base. Now you know where to attach the lights!
- Use glue dots, tear tape and Scotch tape to adhere the EZ-lights mechanism (batter holder and button, the wires, and the lights) to the card base. I attach the lights to the card base so that the illuminated areas aren’t so concentrated.
- Attach double layered foam tape to the back of the card background or front of the card base to account for the height of the battery and button mechanism.
- Attach the jack o’lantern background to the card base.
- Add vellum to the back of the colored image to hide the lights in the background and attach the image to the card background.
- For final touches add a “Push Here” button and now you have a light up card!
Thank you for stopping by today. Make sure you check out my blog for more wonderful light up creations. You can also find me on Instagram. I’ll see you again soon!
*Items may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you I will earn a commission if you utilize these links for purchase.